CHAPTER 17 Uncle
第十七章 “叔叔”
When they pulled into the Fair Grounds,
車子開進集市場地時,
they could hear music and see the Ferris wheel turning in the sky.
他們聽到音樂聲,看到費里斯轉輪在空中旋轉。
They could smell the dust of the race track where the sprinkling cart had moistened it;
他們聞到被灑水車灑濕了的跑道的灰塵氣味,
and they could smell hamburgers frying and see balloons aloft.
聞到煎牛肉餅的香味,看到氣球飄在空中。
They could hear sheep blatting in their pens.
他們聽到羊在羊欄里咩咩叫。
An enormous voice over the loudspeaker said:
擴音器里有人大聲說:
"Attention, please! Will the owner of a Pontiac car, license number H-2439,
“請注意!那輛龐蒂亞克的車主,牌照號碼h—2439,
please move your car away from the fireworks shed!"
請把你的汽車開走,不要停在煙火棚前面!”
"Can I have some money?" asked Fern.
“可以給我點錢嗎?”弗恩問道。
"Can I, too?" asked Avery.
“也給我一點嗎?”艾弗里問道。
"I'm going to win a doll by spinning a wheel and it will stop at the right number," said Fern.
“我要去轉輪盤贏一個洋娃娃,它一定停在我押的號碼上面,”弗恩說。
"I'm going to steer a jet plane and make it bump into another one."
我要去開噴氣式飛機,讓它撞另外一架。”
"Can I have a balloon?" asked Fern.
“可以給我買個氣球嗎?”弗恩問道。
"Can I have a frozen custard and a cheeseburger and some raspberry soda pop?" asked Avery.
“可以給我買奶油冰淇淋、干酪三明治、懸鉤子汽水嗎?”艾弗里問道。
"You children be quiet till we get the pig unloaded," said Mrs. Arable.
“你們孩子別吵,先等我們把豬搬下車。”阿拉布爾太太說。