"Look out, the people are coming-oming-oming!" shouted the gander. "Cheese it, cheese it, cheese it!"
“小心,人們來了——來了——來了!”公鵝叫道?!鞍察o——安靜——安靜!”
The big truck with Mr. Arable at the wheel backed slowly down toward the barnyard.
阿拉布爾先生握住大卡車的方向盤,慢慢地倒車,朝谷倉院子開來。
Lurvy and Mr. Zuckerman walked alongside.
勒維和朱克曼先生走在車旁邊。
Fern and Avery were standing in the body of the truck hanging on to the sideboards.
弗恩和艾弗里站在車廂里,靠著側板。
"Listen to me," whispered the old sheep to Wilbur.
“聽我說,”老羊悄悄對威爾伯說,
"When they open the crate and try to put you in,
“當他們打開板條箱讓你進去的時候,
struggle! Don't go without a tussle.
你要掙扎!不要乖乖地去。
Pigs always resist when they are being loaded."
豬給裝上車時總是要反抗的。”
"If I struggle I'll get dirty," said Wilbur.
“我一掙扎身子就會弄臟的?!蓖柌f。
"Never mind that - do as I say! Struggle!
“別管這個——你照我說的做!要掙扎!
If you were to walk into the crate without resisting,
如果你毫無反抗,乖乖地進板條箱,
Zuckerman might think you were bewitched.
朱克曼先生會以為你中邪了。
He'd be scared to go to the Fair."
他會不敢上集市去的。”
Templeton poked his head up through the straw.
坦普爾頓從麥草里探出頭來。
"Struggle if you must," said he,
“該掙扎你就得掙扎,”它說,
"but kindly remember that I'm hiding down here in this crate
“不過請好心記住,我躺在木箱下面這里,
and I don't want to be stepped on,
我不想給踩著
or kicked in the face,
或者給踢臉,
or pummeled, or crushed in any way,
或者給壓了,或者給撞了,
or squashed, or buffeted about,
或者給踏扁,或者給頂了,
or bruised, or lacerated, or scarred, or biffed.
或者給擠傷,或者給弄破皮,或者給嚇了,或者給蹬了。
Just watch what you're doing, Mr. Radiant,
就是請動作小心些,光彩照人先生,
when they get shoving you in!"
當他們推你進來的時候,拜托拜托!”