The Zuckermans went up to change into their best clothes.
朱克曼夫婦回去換上最好的衣服。
Lurvy went to shave and put on his plaid shirt and his purple necktie.
勒維刮干凈胡子,穿上他的格子襯衫,打上紫色領帶。
The animals were left to themselves in the barn.
牲口留在谷倉里。
The seven goslings paraded round and round their mother.
七只小鵝圍著它們的媽媽。
"Please, please, please take us to the Fair!" begged a gosling.
“謝謝你,謝謝你,謝謝你帶我們上集市去!”一只小鵝求它。
Then all seven began teasing to go.
接著七只小鵝全吵著要去。
"Please, please, please, please, please, please ..." They made quite a racket.
“謝謝你,謝謝你,謝謝你,謝謝你,謝謝你,謝謝你……”它們吵得昏天黑地。
"Children!" snapped the goose.
“孩子們!”母鵝厲聲說,
"We're staying quietly-ietly-ietly at home.
“我們不去,安安靜靜——安安靜靜——安安靜靜留在家里。
Only Wilbur-ilbur-ilbur is going to the Fair."
只有威爾伯——威爾伯——威爾伯上集市去?!?/div>
Just then Charlotte interrupted.
就在這時候,夏洛插話了。
"I shall go, too," she said, softly.
“我也去,”它輕輕地說,
"I have decided to go with Wilbur.
“我拿定主意了,要和威爾伯一起去。
He may need me. We can't tell what may happen at the Fair Grounds.
它也許需要我。我們說不準在集市會發生什么事。
Somebody's got to go along who knows how to write.
得有個會寫字的和它一起去。
And I think Templeton better come, too
我想坦普爾頓最好也去
- I might need somebody to run errands and do general work."
——我可能要個幫手跑來跑去做點事。”
"I'm staying right here," grumbled the rat.
“我不去,我就留在這里,”老鼠咕噥說,
"I haven't the slightest interest in fairs."
“我對集市一點興趣也沒有?!?/p>