Father and son were really about to drown when they heard a voice like a guitar out of tune call from the sea:
父子眼看就要淹死了,這時候他們聽見海里一個像走了調的吉他的聲音說:
"What is the trouble?" "It is I and my poor father."
“怎么啦?” “是我和我可憐的爸爸。”
"I know the voice. You are Pinocchio." "Exactly. And you?"
“我知道這個聲音。你是皮諾喬吧。”“正是,你是誰?”
"I am the Tunny, your companion in the Shark's stomach."
“我是金槍魚,你在鯊魚肚子里的同伴。”
"And how did you escape?"
“那你是怎么逃出來的?”
"I imitated your example. You are the one who showed me the way and after you went, I followed."
“我學你逃出來的。我看見你怎么做的了,你走后我就跟著出來了。”
"Tunny, you arrived at the right moment!
“金槍魚,你來得正是時候!
I implore you, for the love you bear your children, the little Tunnies, to help us, or we are lost!"
我求求你,就像愛你那些小金槍魚那樣救救我們吧,要不我們就完蛋了。”
"With great pleasure indeed. Hang onto my tail, both of you, and let me lead you.
“我很榮幸。你們倆快抓住我的尾巴,讓我帶你們走。
In a twinkling you will be safe on land."
很快你們就可以安全上岸。”
Geppetto and Pinocchio, as you can easily imagine, did not refuse the invitation;
可想而知杰佩托和皮諾喬沒有拒絕邀請。
indeed, instead of hanging onto the tail, they thought it better to climb on the Tunny's back.
實際上,他們爬上了金槍魚的背,而不是抓住金槍魚的尾巴。
"Are we too heavy?" asked Pinocchio.
“我們是不是太重了?”皮諾喬問。
"Heavy? Not in the least. You are as light as sea-shells," answered the Tunny, who was as large as a two-year-old horse.
“重?一點不重。你們像貝殼一樣輕。”長得跟一匹兩歲的馬一樣大的金槍魚回答說。
As soon as they reached the shore, Pinocchio was the first to jump to the ground to help his old father.
他們剛到岸邊,皮諾喬第一個跳上岸去幫他年邁的爸爸。
Then he turned to the fish and said to him:
然后他向金槍魚轉過身來,對它說:
"Dear friend, you have saved my father, and I have not enough words with which to thank you!
“親愛的朋友,你救了我的爸爸!我都不知該說什么話來好好謝你!
Allow me to embrace you as a sign of my eternal gratitude."
讓我抱抱你以表示我對你永世不忘的謝意!”