CHAPTER 36
第三十六章
"My dear Father, we are saved!" cried the Marionette.
“親愛的爸爸,我們得救了。”木偶叫到。
"All we have to do now is to get to the shore, and that is easy."
“我們只需要上岸就行了,那是很容易的事。”
Without another word, he swam swiftly away in an effort to reach land as soon as possible.
沒有多說一句話,他迅速地游著努力盡快到達海岸。
All at once he noticed that Geppetto was shivering and shaking as if with a high fever.
突然他注意到杰佩托在發抖,就好像發高燒了一樣。
Was he shivering from fear or from cold? Who knows? Perhaps a little of both.
他是冷得發抖,還是嚇得發抖呢?誰知道呢,也許兩者都有一些。
But Pinocchio, thinking his father was frightened, tried to comfort him by saying:
可皮諾喬認為他的爸爸被嚇到了,試著安慰他說:
"Courage, Father! In a few moments we shall be safe on land."
“勇敢點,爸爸!過一會兒到陸地我們就安全了。”
"But where is that blessed shore?" asked the little old man, more and more worried as he tried to pierce the faraway shadows.
“可這老天降福的海岸在哪兒啊?”小老頭問道。當他試圖看穿遠處的一片漆黑的時候,他越來越擔心了。
"Here I am searching on all sides and I see nothing but sea and sky."
“我四面八方都看了,就只看見天連水,水連天。”
"I see the shore," said the Marionette.
“我看見了岸,”木偶說。
"Remember, Father, that I am like a cat. I see better at night than by day."
“記住,爸爸,我就像貓,晚上看得比白天還清楚。”
Poor Pinocchio pretended to be peaceful and contented, but he was far from that.
可憐的皮諾喬裝做一副平和心安的樣子,可實際上根本不是那樣。
He was beginning to feel discouraged, his strength was leaving him,
他開始感到泄氣,他快沒力氣了,
and his breathing was becoming more and more labored.
呼吸也越來越困難。
He felt he could not go on much longer, and the shore was still far away.
他覺得他堅持不了多久了,可海岸還遠著呢。
He swam a few more strokes.
他又游了幾下,
Then he turned to Geppetto and cried out weakly: "Help me, Father! Help, for I am dying!"
然后他向杰佩托轉過臉來,微弱地叫著:“救救我,爸爸,救救我,我快死了!”