"They'll be twenty thousand fresh corpses when Lord Tywin gets here," the old man shot back.
“等泰溫大人到來,他們就會變成兩萬具活尸,”老人不甘示弱。
"Don't you try and frighten me, my lady.
“夫人,你少跟我來這套。
Your husband's in some traitor's cell under the Red Keep, your father's sick, might be dying, and Jaime Lannister's got your brother in chains.
你丈夫因叛國被關在紅堡底下的牢房,你老爹臥病在床,弄不好快沒氣了,而詹姆·蘭尼斯特又抓了你老弟,
What do you have that I should fear?
你拿什么來嚇唬我?
That son of yours?
你那寶貝兒子嗎?
I'll match you son for son, and I'll still have eighteen when yours are all dead."
我可以跟你一個換一個,等你兒子死光了,我還剩下十八個。”
"You swore an oath to my father," Catelyn reminded him.
“你可是宣誓效忠于我父親。”凱特琳提醒他。
He bobbed his head side to side, smiling.
他的頭左右搖擺,微微一笑:
"Oh, yes, I said some words, but I swore oaths to the crown too, it seems to me.
“呵,可不是嗎,我發過誓,可我也宣誓效忠王室啊,依我看呢,
Joffrey's the king now, and that makes you and your boy and all those fools out there no better than rebels.
這會兒既然喬佛里是國王了,你和你家小鬼,以及外面那群蠢蛋不就是叛徒嘛?對不對?
If I had the sense the gods gave a fish, I'd help the Lannisters boil you all."
這事連魚都知道,我應該幫蘭尼斯特把你們通通殺光。”
"Why don't you?" she challenged him.
“那你為什么不幫他?”她質問他。
Lord Walder snorted with disdain.
瓦德侯爵不屑地哼了一聲。
"Lord Tywin the proud and splendid, Warden of the West, Hand of the King,
“泰溫大人,他可是個大人物哩,既是西境守護,又是御前首相,
oh, what a great man that one is, him and his gold this and gold that and lions here and lions there.
呵,多了不起,這樣也是金子打的,那樣又是獅子形狀,心高氣傲得很。