I've had three kings to guest in my life, and queens as well, do you think I require lessons from the likes of you, Ryger?
萊格,我這輩子招待過三個國王,王后就不用提了,你覺得我還用你教我‘待客之道’?
Your mother was milking goats the first time I gave her my seed."
我第一次在你媽身上播種的時候,她還在牧羊咧。”
He dismissed the red-faced youth with a flick of his fingers and gestured to two of his other sons.
他彈彈指頭,趕走那面紅耳赤的年輕人,然后又向另外兩個兒子打了個手勢。
"Danwell, Whalen, help me to my chair."
“丹威爾,惠倫,扶我到椅子坐下。”
They shifted Lord Walder from his litter and carried him to the high seat of the Freys,
他們把瓦德侯爵從擔架上扶下來,攙他到佛雷家的高位坐下。
a tall chair of black oak whose back was carved in the shape of two towers linked by a bridge.
那是一張黑橡木椅子,椅背雕成以橋相連的雙城式樣。
His young wife crept up timidly and covered his legs with a blanket.
他年輕的妻子怯生生地走過來,為他的雙腳蓋上毛毯。
When he was settled, the old man beckoned Catelyn forward and planted a papery dry kiss on her hand.
老人坐定之后,招手示意凱特琳上前,在她手掌印下一個干如紙張的吻。
"There," he announced. "Now that I have observed the courtesies, my lady, perhaps my sons will do me the honor of shutting their mouths.
“喏,”他宣布,“夫人,我已經行過禮了,或許我的兒子們可以賞個臉,給我閉上嘴巴。
Why are you here?"
請問你來此有何目的?”
"To ask you to open your gates, my lord," Catelyn replied politely.
“大人,我們想請您打開城門。”凱特彬彬有禮地回答,
"My son and his lords bannermen are most anxious to cross the river and be on their way."
“我兒子和他的封臣正急著渡河上路。”
"To Riverrun?" He sniggered. "Oh, no need to tell me, no need.
“去奔流城?”他竊笑一聲,“喏,用不著告訴我,用不著。
I'm not blind yet. The old man can still read a map."
我的眼睛還沒瞎,老人家照樣可以看地圖。”