"Do you think he means to betray us to the Lannisters, my lady?" Robett Glover asked gravely.
“夫人,您認為他打算把我們出賣給蘭尼斯特?”羅貝特·葛洛佛語氣沉重地問。
Catelyn sighed. "If truth be told, I doubt even Lord Frey knows what Lord Frey intends to do.
凱特琳嘆道:“說真的,我懷疑佛雷大人自己都不確定有何打算。
He has an old man's caution and a young man's ambition, and has never lacked for cunning."
他既有老人家的行事謹慎,又有年輕人的野心勃勃,更不缺精打細算。”
"We must have the Twins, Mother," Robb said heatedly.
“母親,我們一定要得到孿河城的支持。”羅柏的口氣有些沖,
"There is no other way across the river. You know that."
“你也知道,除此之外無處可以渡河。”
"Yes. And so does Walder Frey, you can be sure of that."
“沒錯,而且你大可放心,瓦德·佛雷也很清楚。”
That night they made camp on the southern edge of the bogs, halfway between the kingsroad and the river.
當晚,他們在沼澤的南界扎營,正好在國王大道和河流中間。
It was there Theon Greyjoy brought them further word from her uncle.
席恩·葛雷喬伊便是在此為他們帶來她叔叔的新情報。
"Sir Brynden says to tell you he's crossed swords with the Lannisters.
“布林登爵士要我告訴你們,他已經和蘭尼斯特軍發生了遭遇戰。
There are a dozen scouts who won't be reporting back to Lord Tywin anytime soon. Or ever."
有十來個斥候大概暫時不會回去跟泰溫大人報告了,我看他們永遠也回不去了。”
He grinned. "Sir Addam Marbrand commands their outriders, and he's pulling back south, burning as he goes.
他嘻嘻笑道,“負責指揮敵軍偵察部隊的是亞當·馬爾布蘭爵士,他正掉頭往南,沿途到處放火。
He knows where we are, more or less, but the Blackfish vows he will not know when we split."
他約略知道我們的位置,但黑魚發誓絕不讓他知道我們何時兵分兩路。”
"Unless Lord Frey tells him," Catelyn said sharply.
“除非佛雷大人告訴他。”凱特琳語氣尖銳,
"Theon, when you return to my uncle, tell him he is to place his best bowmen around the Twins,
“席恩,你回去之后,請我叔叔將手下最厲害的弓箭手布置在孿河城四周,
day and night, with orders to bring down any raven they see leaving the battlements.
日夜監視,一旦有渡鴉出城,立刻將其射下,
I want no birds bringing word of my son's movements to Lord Tywin."
我不希望有任何飛鳥將我兒的動向報告給泰溫大人。”