"Tell me another story!" begged Wilbur.
“再給我講一個故事吧!”威爾伯求它。
So Charlotte told him about another cousin of hers
于是夏洛給它講另一個堂姐的故事,
who was an aeronaut.
這堂姐是只飛天蜘蛛。
"What is an aeronaut?" asked Wilbur.
“怎么叫飛天蜘蛛?”威爾伯問它。
"A balloonist," said Charlotte.
“它乘氣球飛天,”夏洛說,
"My cousin used to stand on her head
“我這堂姐經常倒過頭來豎蜻蜓站著,
and let out enough thread to form a balloon.
吐出足夠的絲做成一個氣球。
Then she'd let go and be lifted into the air and carried upward on the warm wind."
然后,它把氣球放飛,溫暖的風把氣球連同它一起吹上了空中。”
"Is that true?" asked Wilbur. "Or are you just making it up?"
“這是真的嗎?”威爾伯問道,“是你編出來的吧?”
"It's true," replied Charlotte.
“這是真的,”夏洛回答說,
"I have some very remarkable cousins.
“我有幾個非常出色的堂姐。
And now, Wilbur, it's time you went to sleep."
好了,威爾伯,你該睡覺了。”