So, now I have confess'd that he is thine,
他是你的,這點我已經承認,
And I myself am mortgaged to thy will,
為填你的欲壑我成為你的抵押品。
Myself I'll forfeit, so that other mine
心甘情愿作你的俘虜,好讓另一個我
Thou wilt restore, to be my comfort still:
能被你釋放,我從而感到快樂舒心。
But thou wilt not, nor he will not be free,
而你卻不能放他走,他也不想自由。
For thou art covetous and he is kind;
你雖縱欲無度,他倒也體諒溫存。
He learn'd but surety-like to write for me
他本是為我作保,才在契約上簽字,

Under that bond that him as fast doth bind.
卻誰知那契約反把他箍得緊緊。
The statute of thy beauty thou wilt take,
你的美貌使你能得到特權,
Thou usurer, that put'st forth all to use,
隨心所欲地使用你的抵押品,
And sue a friend came debtor for my sake;
我的朋友也因我而成為你的債務人,
So him I lose through my unkind abuse.
我連累和失去了他,你的控訴得逞。
Him have I lost; thou hast both him and me:
我不再擁有他,你卻把我們兩個抓牢,
He pays the whole, and yet am I not free.
他了清舊債,我卻不能自在逍遙。