Then the oldest sheep spoke up.
接著最老的那只羊發言了:
"I agree that there should be something new written in the web if Wilbur's life is to be saved.
“要救威爾伯的命,我贊成在網上要有新花樣。
And if Charlotte needs help in finding words, I think she can get it from our friend Templeton.
如果夏洛找新字眼需要幫忙,我想從我們的朋友坦普爾頓那里可以找到。
The rat visits the dump regularly and has access to old magazines.
這老鼠經常去垃圾場,有機會接觸到舊雜志。
He can tear out bits of advertisements and bring them up here to the barn cellar,
它可以啃下一點廣告,叼到倉底這兒來,
that Charlotte can have something to copy."
夏洛就有點什么字眼可以抄抄了?!?/div>
"Good idea," said Charlotte.
“好主意,”夏洛說,
"But I'm not sure Templeton will be willing to help.
“不過我說不準坦普爾頓肯不肯幫忙。
You know how he is - always looking out for himself, never thinking of the other fellow."
你們知道它是怎么個家伙……它一向只顧自己,從來不想別人?!?/div>
"I bet I can get him to help," said the old sheep.
“我打賭我能讓它幫忙,”老羊說,
"I'll appeal to his baser instincts, of which he has plenty.
“我會引誘它卑劣的本能,這種卑劣的本能,它多的是。
Here he comes now.
瞧它來了。
Everybody keep quiet while I put the matter up to him!"
我跟它說話時,大家不要響?!?/p>