"What a great country!" repeated Pinocchio, puzzled as to what to do.
“多棒的國家呀!”皮諾喬又說一遍,不知如何是好。
Then, in sudden determination, he said hurriedly: "Good-bye for the last time, and good luck." -"Good-bye."
接著,他突然拿定主意,很快地又說了一句:“最后一次說再見了,祝你好運。”-“再見。”
"How soon will you go?" -"Within two hours."
“你多久動身?”-“兩個鐘頭之內。”
"What a pity! If it were only one hour, I might wait for you."
“真可惜!要是只有一個鐘頭,我還可以等等你。”
"And the Fairy?" -"By this time I'm late, and one hour more or less makes very little difference."
“那仙女呢?”-“現在我已經遲了,早一個鐘頭晚一個鐘頭沒什么兩樣。”
"Poor Pinocchio! And if the Fairy scolds you?"
“可憐的皮諾喬!萬一仙女罵你呢?”
"Oh, I'll let her scold. After she gets tired, she will stop."
“噢,讓她罵吧。她罵夠了會停的。”
In the meantime, the night became darker and darker. All at once in the distance a small light flickered.
這時,天越來越黑了,忽然只見遠遠有一點燈光在閃爍。
A queer sound could be heard, soft as a little bell, and faint and muffled like the buzz of a far-away mosquito.
有一個奇怪的聲音傳來,輕柔的像小鈴鐺聲,聲音很微弱很悶,似是遠處的蚊子嗡嗡叫。
"There it is!" cried Lamp-Wick, jumping to his feet. -"What?" whispered Pinocchio.
“來了!”小燈芯叫著跳起來。-“誰來了?”皮諾喬低聲問。
"The wagon which is coming to get me. For the last time, are you coming or not?"
“來接我的馬車。最后問一次,你去還是不去?”
"But is it really true that in that country boys never have to study?" "Never, never, never!"
“可你說的是真的嗎?在那個國家里孩子都不要學習?”-“不要,不要,永遠不要!”
"What a wonderful, beautiful, marvelous country! Oh--h--h! !"
“多棒的國家呀,美麗而又神奇的國家!噢……!”
end of the chapter.
本章完。