"Wait two minutes more." "It's too late!"
“再等兩分鐘吧。”“現在太晚了!”
"Only two minutes." "And if the Fairy scolds me?"
“就兩分鐘。”“萬一仙女責罵我呢?”
"Let her scold. After she gets tired, she will stop," said Lamp-Wick.
“讓她去罵好了。她罵夠了就會停了,”小燈芯說。
"Are you going alone or with others?" "Alone? There will be more than a hundred of us!"
“你一個人去還是跟別人一起去?”“一個人?我們有百來個人呢!”
"Will you walk?" "At midnight the wagon passes here that is to take us within the boundaries of that marvelous country."
“你走著去嗎?”“半夜有一輛馬車經過這里,把我們一直送到那個神奇的國家的邊界去。”
"How I wish midnight would strike!" "Why?"
“要是現在就是半夜就好了!”“為什么?”
"To see you all set out together." "Stay here a while longer and you will see us!"
“為了看看你們大伙兒動身。”“在這兒再等一會兒,你就看見了。”
"No, no. I want to return home." "Wait two more minutes."
“不行不行,我想回家了,”“那就再等兩分鐘吧。”
"I have waited too long as it is. The Fairy will be worried."
“我已經等得太久了。仙女會擔心的。”
"Poor Fairy! Is she afraid the bats will eat you up?"
“可憐的仙女!她是怕蝙蝠吃了你嗎?”
"Listen, Lamp-Wick," said the Marionette, "are you really sure that there are no schools in the Land of Toys?" "Not even the shadow of one."
“聽著,小燈芯,”木偶說,“你真的確定玩具國沒有學校嗎?”“連影子也沒有。”