"Tomorrow I end my days as a Marionette and become a boy, like you and all my other friends."
“明天起我就不再是木偶,要變成一個真孩子,像你和大家一樣了。”
"May it bring you luck!" "Shall I see you at my party tomorrow?"
“祝你好運!” “你明天會來我家參加我的派對么?”
"But I'm telling you that I go tonight." "At what time?"
“可我跟你說了,我今天夜里就得走了。” “幾點鐘?”
"At midnight." "And where are you going?"
“半夜十二點。” “你上哪兒去?”
"To a real country... the best in the world--a wonderful place!" "What is it called?"
“去一個真正的國家……這是全世界最美的國家,一個極好的地方!” “它叫什么名字?”
"It is called the Land of Toys. Why don't you come, too?" "I? Oh, no!"
“叫玩具國。你為什么不跟我一起去呢?” “我?噢,我可不去!”
"You are making a big mistake, Pinocchio. Believe me, if you don't come, you'll be sorry.
“那你就大錯特錯了,皮諾喬。相信我的話,不去你會后悔的。
Where can you find a place that will agree better with you and me?
對我們來說,哪兒還能找到一個比這更好的地方呢?
No schools, no teachers, no books! In that blessed place there is no such thing as study.
沒有學校,沒有老師,沒有書本!在這幸福國家里永遠不用做學習之類的事。
Here, it is only on Saturdays that we have no school.
在這里,我們只有周六不用上學。
In the Land of Toys, every day, except Sunday, is a Saturday.
在玩具國,除了周日,每天都是星期六。