"Well, I don't really know yet," said Mr. Zuckerman.
“這個嘛,我還沒真正弄明白,”朱克曼先生說,
"But we have received a sign, Edith - a mysterious sign. A miracle has happened on this farm.
“不過我們已經得到一個信號,伊迪絲——一個神秘的信號。這農場已經出現了一個奇跡。
There is a large spider's web in the doorway of the barn cellar, right over the pigpen,
谷倉底的門口有個大蜘蛛網,就在豬圈上面,
and when Lurvy went to feed the pig this morning, he noticed the web because it was foggy,
今天早晨勒維去喂小豬,他注意到了這個網,因為有霧,
and you know how a spider's web looks very distinct in a fog.
你也知道,在霧里蜘蛛網是很醒目的。
And right spang in the middle of the web there were the words 'Some Pig."
就在網的正當中有這樣三個大字:‘王牌豬’。
The words were woven right into the web. They were actual part of the web, Edith.
這幾個字是織在網上的。它們真真切切是網的一部分,伊迪絲。
I know because I have been down there and seen them.
我知道這件事,因為我親自到那里去看了。
It says, 'Some Pig,' just as clear as clear can be. There can be no mistake about it.
這幾個字是‘王牌豬’,再清楚不過。一點也錯不了。
A miracle has happened and a sign has occurred here on earth, right on our farm, and we have no ordinary pig."
一個奇跡已經出現,一個信號已經降落人間,就降落在這里,就降落在我們的農場,我們有一只非比尋常的豬。”
"Well," said Mrs. Zuckerman, "it seems to me you're a little off.
“得了,”朱克曼太太說,“看來你有點不正常。
It seems to me we have no ordinary spider.""Oh, no," said Zuckerman. "It's the pig that's unusual.
我覺得我們有一只非比尋常的蜘蛛。”“噢,不對,”朱克曼先生說,“非比尋常的是小豬。
It says so, right there in the middle of the web." "Maybe so," said Mrs. Zuckerman.
網當中的大字是這么說的?!薄耙苍S是這樣,”朱克曼太太說,
"Just the same, I intend to have a look at that spider."
“反正我一定得去看看那只蜘蛛。”
"It's just a common grey spider," said Zuckerman
“它只是一只普普通通的灰色蜘蛛?!?/p>