"In a forest looking for beechnuts and truffles and delectable roots,
“上一片森林去找山毛櫸果子、塊菌、甘美的樹根,
pushing leaves aside with my wonderful strong nose,
用我了不起的有力的鼻子拱開樹葉,
searching and sniffing along the ground, smelling, smelling, smelling..."
在地里又嗅又找,聞啊,聞啊,聞啊,聞啊……”
"You smell just the way you are," remarked a lamb who had just walked in.
“你自己的氣味就夠聞的,”一只剛進來的小羊羔說,
"I can smell you from here. You're the smelliest creature in the place."
“我老遠就聞到你了。你是這里最臭的東西。”
Wilbur hung his head. His eyes grew wet with tears.
威爾伯側著頭。它的眼睛濕潤了。
Charlotte noticed his embarrassment and she spoke sharply to the lamb.
夏洛看到它那么難過,狠狠地訓那小羊羔。
"Let Wilbur alone!" she said. "He has a perfect right to smell, considering his surroundings.
“別煩威爾伯,”它說,“考慮到它的環境,它完全有理由有氣味。
You're no bundle of sweet peas yourself. Furthermore, you are interrupting a very pleasant conversation.
你自己并不是一捆香豌豆。而且你打斷了一場非常愉快的談話。
What were we talking about, Wilbur, when we were so rudely interrupted?
我們剛才給它那么粗暴無禮地打斷的時候,威爾伯,我們正談到哪里啊?”