I shall never forgive Henry for this.
我不會原諒亨利的
Yes,you will. We always forgive him for everything.
你會的 他做什么 你都會原諒他的
Jane,an old friend.Late as ever.
簡 老朋友了 還是像原來一樣姍姍來遲
Madame le Comtesse,Miss Austen.Mr Lefroy.
伯爵夫人 奧斯汀小姐 勒弗羅伊先生
Please allow me to introduce to you
請允許我向你介紹
your most avid of admirers,my daughter,Miss Lefroy.
你最熱烈的崇拜者 我女兒 勒弗羅伊小姐
Miss Austen,what a pleasure to meet you.
奧斯汀小姐 非常榮幸認識您
Will you read for us this evening?
您今晚會為我們朗讀嗎
Ah,well,you see, my sister never reads.
我妹妹從不在公眾面前朗讀
Otherwise,how else is she supposed to remain anonymous?
否則她怎么保持不為世人所知呢?
But,Jane.I will make an exception if my new friend wishes it.
但是 簡 如果我的新朋友想要的話 我會破例一次
Come,sit by me.She is lovely,Tom.
來吧 坐到我身邊來 她真可愛 湯姆
She began now to comprehend that he was exactly the man who,in disposition and talents would most suit her.
她開始理解 他無論在個性方面和才能方面 都百分之百是一個 最適合她的男人
His understanding and temper,though unlike her own would have answered all her wishes.
縱使他的見解 他的脾氣 和她自己不是一模一樣 可是一定能夠叫她稱心如意
It was an union that must have been to the advantage of both.
這個結合對雙方都有好處
By her ease and liveliness his mind might have been softened,his manners improved
女方從容活 可以把男方陶治得心境柔和 作風優雅
and from his judgment,information and knowledge of the world,she must have received benefit of greater importance.
男方精明通達 閱歷頗深 也一定會使女方得到莫大的裨益
But no such happy marriage could now teach the admiring multitude what connubial felicity really was.
可惜這件幸福的婚姻已無可能 天下萬千想要締結真正幸福婚姻的情人 從此也錯過了一個借鑒的榜樣