Mr Austen,I must inform you that I shall not attend service today.
奧斯汀先生 我必須告訴你 如果這位年輕女士也在場的話
Not in the presence of this young woman. Indeed.
我就不會進教堂 當然
If I must speak plainly. Aunt.
恕我直言 姨媽
I believe your youngest daughter has been on a journey.
聽出你的小女兒出了趟門
Her Ladyship considers travel a crime? Unsanctioned travel.
夫人您覺得旅行也是犯法嗎 未經批準的旅行
Furthermore,be aware that my nephew has withdrawn his addresses
還有 請注意 我外甥已經收回了他的求婚
to someone without family,fortune,importance
他怎能向一個沒有家人 沒有財產 沒有價值的女人求婚
and fatally tainted by suspicion.
更不用說她的人品還存在疑點
Oh,she has family,madam.Indeed she has.
哦 夫人 她有家人的 確實有的
Importance may depend upon other matters than Your Ladyship can conceive.
有些東西的價值是夫人您永遠無法想像的
As to fortune,a young woman might depend upon herself.
至于財產 年輕的女子可以自食其力
An interesting notion,Miss Austen.
您觀點很有趣 奧斯汀小姐
Oblige me a walk along the river to enlarge upon the topic.Wisley?
能陪我去河邊走走 深入探討一下這個問題嗎? 衛斯理?
I am sorry if my conduct has disappointed you,Mr Wisley.
抱歉讓您失望了 衛斯理先生
It seems you cannot bring yourself to marry without affection.
似乎您無法接受沒有愛情的婚姻
Or even with it.
即便有 您也可能拒絕