1、depend
取決(于);有賴(于)
The cooking time needed depends on the size of the potato.
所需的烹飪時間取決于土豆的大小。
What happened later would depend on his talk with De Solina.
日后之事將有賴于他與德索利納的談話結果。
依靠;依賴
They may hate what he does but their survival depends on him.
他們或許討厭他的營生,但他們要想活下來必須依靠他。
He depended on his writing for his income.
他靠寫作賺取收入。
取決于;根據;由…決定
I tend to have a different answer, depending on the family.
根據家庭的不同,我往往會給出不同的答案。
People in the rest of the country celebrated independence even later, depending on when the news of Congress's action reached them.
該國其他地區的人們慶祝獨立的時間甚至更晚,這要取決于有關國會決定的消息何時傳到了他們那里。
2、come along
(尤用于鼓勵別人參加某活動)來吧,一起來
There's a big press launch today and you're most welcome to come along.
今天有一個大型的媒體推介會,非常希望您能光臨。
加把勁兒;趕快
Come along, Osmond. No sense in your standing around.
快點兒,奧斯蒙德,你閑站著干什么。
(偶然地)發生,來到
I waited a long time until a script came along that I thought was genuinely funny.
我等了很長時間,直到出現了一個我認為真正逗趣的劇本。
It was lucky you came along.
真幸運你來了。
進展;進步
Pentagon spokesman Williams says those talks are coming along quite well.
五角大樓發言人威廉斯說那些會談進展得相當順利。
How's Ferguson coming along?
弗格森現在怎么樣啊?