With,I hope,some humour.How does it end?
不過我希望還能剩下些幽默 怎么結束的
They both make triumphant,happy endings.
他們都心想事成了 大團圓
Brilliant marriages?Incandescent marriages to very rich men.
美滿的婚姻 光耀的婚姻 嫁給了富有的男人
You asked me a question.
你問過我一個問題
I am ready to give you an answer.But there is one matter to be settled.
我現在可以回答你 不過有一件事情要先解決
I cannot make you out,Mr Wisley.
我沒法跟你交往下去 衛斯理先生
At times,you are the most gentlemanlike man I know and yet you would.
有時候 你是我見過的 最有紳士風度的男人 但是你
"Yet". What a sad word.And yet,you write yourself most tellingly to great effect.
"但是"是個不詳的字眼 但是 你寫的那個東西實在是太過分了
I'm speaking,of course,of your letter. What letter?
我說的是你寫的那封信 什么信
Was your aunt the correspondent on your behalf?What matter?
你姨媽那封信不是替你寫的嗎 無所謂了
One way or another,passion makes fools of us all.
愛會讓人變傻 不管是哪種形式的愛
I hope,in time,passion may regain your better opinion.
我希望 隨著時間的流逝 你會重拾對感情的信心
The emotion is absurd.
情感都是荒謬的
When you consider the sex to whom it is often directed indistinguishable from folly.
你一旦對某人付出情感 那你就是愚不可及
I thank you for the honour of your proposal.I accept. Good day.
我非常榮幸接受你的求婚 再見