A young woman of family?
正經人家的年輕女兒
Yes,uncle,and tomorrow we go and visit another,Mrs Radcliffe.
是的 舅舅 明天我們要去拜訪拉德克利夫夫人
She keeps herself to herself,almost a recluse,but I know her husband through the law.
她避世而居 但我認識她的丈夫
Who? The authoress,Mrs Radcliffe.
誰 作家 拉德克利夫夫人
As writing is her profession.Her what?
以寫作為生 什么
500,uncle,for the last novel,The Mysteries of Udolpho.
舅舅 她的上一本小說掙了500英鎊 《尤道弗的奧秘》
And 800,I believe,for her next.The Italian.Above 1,000?
我相信下一本能掙800 《意大利人》 超過1000鎊
The times,the times.
跟不上時代了 跟不上時代了
You live so quietly.
您這里真安靜
And yet your novels are filled with romance,danger,terror.
您的小說充滿了浪漫 危險和驚恐
Everything my life is not.
我們的生活中卻一樣都沒有
Apparently.Of what do you wish to write?
很顯然 你想寫那一類的文章
Of the heart.Do you know it?
反映內心的文章 你知道自己內心的想法嗎
Not all of it.In time,you will.
還不是全部 你以后會的
But even if that fails,that's what the imagination is for.
即使失敗了 還有想像呢
Your imagination has brought you independence.
您的想像力給您帶來了獨立
At a cost to myself and to my husband.Poor William.
我和我丈夫付出的代價也很大 可憐的威廉