My dearest Cassandra,my heart has wings.
親愛的卡珊德拉 我的心插上了翅膀
Doubts and deliberations are ended.
不再有困惑和遲疑
Soon I shall escape the attentions of that great lady and her scintillating nephew.
很快我將擺脫老夫人和她那聰明的外甥
Eliza,Henry and I will join you at the coast
伊麗莎白 亨利和我將要去你那里
but we are obliged to break our journey in London.
但我們得先在去趟倫敦
Tom has cleverly secured an invitation to stay with his uncle,the judge.
湯姆很聰明地設法讓他的舅舅 就是那位法官 邀請我們稍事停留
Let us hope we can convince him of my eligibility.
希望我們能讓他接受我
Please destroy this disgraceful letter the moment you have recovered from your astonishment.
麻煩你緩過神來的時候 把這封見不得人的信撕掉
Yours affectionately and in haste,Jane.
你親愛的簡草字
Tom! Our guests have arrived.
湯姆 客人到了
Decorum.Countess.Sir.Welcome. Madame le Comtesse.
注意禮貌 伯爵夫人 先生 歡迎 伯爵夫人
Madame le Comtesse. Seldom,too seldom,my house receives the presence of nobility.
伯爵夫人 貴族光臨寒舍 這樣的機會實在是千載難逢
And,of course,its friends. Please.
當然 還有您的朋友 請
Your stay is short. There's not a moment to lose.
您行程緊張 時間寶貴
My nephew has devised a plan of metropolitan amusement.
我的外甥草擬了一份倫敦觀光的線路
Pleasure is,as you would say,Madame,his forte.Ah,is it?
找樂子可是他的強項 夫人 是嗎