Do you know that feeling you get when you know it's going to storm before it storms?
你們了解那種感覺嗎?那種在暴風雨來臨前的感覺?
Do you also feel that now, fellow citizen?
你們現在有這種感覺嗎,我的公民朋友們?
That malaise and worry that some who know feel reminds them of the 1930s?
那種心神不安又焦慮的感覺,會讓你們當中的一些人想起上世紀30年代?
Perhaps you don't, because our fears of each other are not in sync.
也許你沒有這種感覺,因為我們對彼此的恐懼不是同步的。
In this round, I sense that your fears of me,
在這一輪中,我感覺到了你們對我的恐懼,
of the world that I have insisted is right for us both, has gathered over a generation.
對這個我所堅持的世界的恐懼,這些恐懼積累了超過一個時代。
It took time for your fears to trigger my fears,
你們的恐懼需要時間來激發我的恐懼,
not least because at first, I never thought I needed to fear you.
因為至少在一開始,我從未想過我需要懼怕你。
I heard you but did not listen,
我聽見了你的聲音,但是我沒有仔細聆聽。
all these years when you said that this amazing new world wasn't amazing for you,
這些年里每當你們說起這個令人震驚的新世界,對于你們來說并不震驚,
for many of you, across the industrialized world;
對于你們中很多人來說,對于這個工業化的世界;
that the open, liquid world I relished, of people and goods and technologies flowing freely,
這個我享受的開放的、流動的世界,這個人力物力和科技都自由流通,
going where they pleased, globally, was not, for you, an emancipation.
在世界范圍內去心之所向之地的時代,對于你來說并非是一種解放。