I did notice the news about those parts of London becoming ghost quarters,
我注意到了那些關于倫敦市區空洞化的新聞,
where the global super-rich turn fishy money into empty apartments
在那兒,世界級富豪把現錢變為空洞公寓,
and price lifelong residents of a city, young couples starting out, out of their own home.
為城市定居居民定價,年輕夫婦從這兒離開,離開他們本來的家。
And I heard that the fabric of your life was tearing.
我聽說是眼淚編織了你們的生活。
You used to be able to count on work, and now you couldn't.
你們曾經能指著工作過日子,而現在不行了。
You used to be able to nourish your children,
你們曾經能富養你們的孩子,
and guarantee that they would climb a little bit further in life than you had, and now you couldn't.
至少保證他們在人生中比你們自己爬得更高一些,但現在不行了。
You used to be made to feel dignity in your work, and now you didn't.
你們曾經能在工作中找到尊嚴,但現在不行了。
It used to be normal for people like you to own a home, and now it wasn't.
在過去,像你們這樣的人們,有個家是十分正常的事情,但現在卻不是這樣。
I cannot say I didn't know these things,
我不能否認,我很早就知道這些事,
but I was distracted creating a future in which we could live on Mars,
但是我卻被分了神,去為人類在火星上的未來生活而奮斗
even as you struggled down here on Earth.
就算你們依然在地球上艱苦的過著日子
I was distracted innovating immortality,
我被分了神,去創造永生,
even as many of you began to live shorter lives than your parents had.
就在你們中很多人的壽命已開始短于你們父母那代人了。