The difference between the extremely happy people and extremely unhappy people is not that one gets sad.
極其快樂的人和極其不快樂的人 區別不是在于一個會傷心
Of upset, or anxious, or depressed; and the other does not.
難過 焦慮或抑郁 而另一個不會
Both groups do. It's how quickly.
兩類人都會 區別在于他們能夠多么迅速
How promptly we can recover from these painful emotions in other words, how strong our psychological immune system is.
多么快速地從痛苦情緒中恢復過來 換言之 我們的心理免疫系統有多強
And our psychological immune system strengthens when we give ourselves the permission to be human.
我們的心理免疫系統會加強 當我們準許自己為人時
Many of you've probably read this, come across this, but I think this captures.
很多同學可能讀到過這首詩 聽說過這首詩 它非常好地闡述了
So well the foundation of what it means to be actively accepting. This has become the official mantra in many ways of the AA movement:.
主動接受含義的基礎 它已成為AA運動的正式圣言
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can change;.
主啊 請賜我安詳 接納我不能改變的事物 請賜我勇氣 去改變我可以改變的東西
And wisdom to know the difference. The wisdom to know the difference.
并賜我智慧去認識這兩者的差別 認識兩者差別的智慧
Fortunately, a lot of this wisdom can come from studies, from research, from deep introspection that.
幸運的是 這樣的智慧可以通過學習獲得 通過研究和在這個學期
You will do throughout the semester. What I want to do now is an exercise.
進行的深刻反省中獲得 現在我想做個練習
I want to do a group meditation. Trying to understand.
我想做一次群體冥想 希望你們理解
Not just on the cognitive level of the research, but also to experience on the visceral emotional level.
不只是在研究的認知層面上 還要在內心情感層面上去體會
What it really means to give ourselves the permission to be human.
準許自己為人的真正含義