Far from it. It's not about saying.
遠遠不是那樣。不是說
Well I'm depressed. There's nothing I can do about it. I accept my nature.
我很抑郁,這是毫無辦法的事 我接受我的本性
I accept my state. And that's it.
接受我的狀態就這樣吧
I'm not talking about resignation. What I'm talking about is active acceptance.
我說的不是屈從 我說的是主動接受
What does that mean? It means understanding that certain things.
那是什么意思? 它意味著理解有些事
I cannot change and certain things I can and ought to change. One of the main ideas we'll talk about is the distinction:.
我無法改變 有些事我能而且應該去改變 我們會集中討論的一點是差別
We'll talk about specifically on the lecture on change between affect, behaviors and cognitions.
在有關改變的課上中會著重談 情感 行為和認知的差別
The A, B, C of psychology. Affect emotion. Behavior action.
心理學的ABC 情感代表情緒 行為代表行動
Cognition thoughts. Unconditional acceptance.
認知代表思想 無條件地接受
Permission to be human relates primarily to our affect, to our emotions.
準許為人 主要與情感相關 與情緒相關
They are there, just like the law of gravity is there. That does not mean we need to accept our behavior and our cognition.
它們是現實存在 就像萬有引力定律 那不代表我們要接受我們的行為和認知
For example, I can and having the past experience.
舉個例子 我可以… 因為以前的經歷
Envy towards my best friend, that in and of itself does not make me a bad person.
嫉妒我最好的朋友 那種情緒本身不代表我是個壞人
It's human. I've never met a person.
這是人類本性 我從沒遇到過任何一個
Who has never experienced or does not experience well, maybe the Dalai Lama.
從來沒有或沒有體會過… 也許達賴喇嘛可以
But other than that, who does not experience envy toward other people.
除了他 誰都嫉妒過別人