And then when everyone says, Oh fine. Oh great. Oh terrific.
每個人都說 很好 棒極了 妙不可言
Then we are asked How are you doing? I am not going to be the only party poop here.
當我們被問到你好嗎?時 我才不要作唯一的掃把星
I am not going to be the only depressed one around here. So I said, Oh fine. Oh great.
我才不要作唯一的喪氣鬼 于是我說很好 棒極了
And then we contribute to this great deception and it is this great deception that leads to the great depression.
就這樣我們幫忙壯大了這個大騙局 正是這個大騙局導致嚴重的抑郁
The great depression in the ultimate currency of happiness. This, to great extent.
嚴重的抑郁是快樂付出的終極代價 這很好地解釋了
Explains why so many people today experience depression the 45% figure.
為什么今天有那么多人 感到抑郁 達到45%
Nationwide on college campuses. Not enough permission to be human.
全國大學校園都如此 沒有足夠的準許為人
I am not talking about wearing our heart on our sleeves. When someone comes to us.
我不是說要我們肆無忌憚地表達情緒 有人走向我們
In the elevator in William James (William James Hall), I says, How are you doing.
在William James大廳的電梯里 我說你好嗎?
Thank you for asking. You know it all started when I was three.
感謝關心 這得從我三歲時說起
This is not what I am talking about. In William James, maybe the case.
我不是這個意思 在William James大廳也許會遇到這種事
Because the elevator it does take two hours to get there for the door to close.
因為那部電梯 運作得太慢
But other than that. I'm not talking about.
但不是那樣 我不是那個意思
What I'm talking about is a space, a safe space in our lives with our closest friends.
我的意思是一個空間 生活中的私密空間 和摯友一起時
With our family, first and foremost, with ourselves, will we have the permission to be human.
和家人在一起時 最重要的是面對自己時 我們要準許自己為人
And what I'm not talking about is resignation.
我說的不是屈從