1、depend
取決(于);有賴(于)
The cooking time needed depends on the size of the potato.
所需的烹飪時間取決于土豆的大小。
What happened later would depend on his talk with De Solina.
日后之事將有賴于他與德索利納的談話結果。
依靠;依賴
They may hate what he does but their survival depends on him.
他們或許討厭他的營生,但他們要想活下來必須依靠他。
He depended on his writing for his income.
他靠寫作賺取收入。
取決于;根據;由…決定
I tend to have a different answer, depending on the family.
根據家庭的不同,我往往會給出不同的答案。
People in the rest of the country celebrated independence even later, depending on when the news of Congress's action reached them.
該國其他地區的人們慶祝獨立的時間甚至更晚,這要取決于有關國會決定的消息何時傳到了他們那里。
2、conclusion
結論;推論
Over the years I've come to the conclusion that she's a very great musician.
這些年來,我得出的結論是她是一位非常偉大的音樂家。
I have tried to give some idea of how I feel — other people will no doubt draw their own conclusions.
我試著說了一些我的感受,其他人無疑會有他們自己的結論。
必然會發生的事;事先料定的結局
It was a foregone conclusion that I would end up in the same business as him.
早已注定我最終會和他干同一行。
The championship result was almost a foregone conclusion.
錦標賽的結果差不多在意料之中。