Yes,I know,but I am alone.Except for me.Exactly.
我知道 但是我現在一個人 還有我 完全正確
Oh,come!What rules of conduct apply in this rural situation?
哦 告訴我 在鄉下 這種情況下有什么規矩嗎?
We have been introduced have we not?
我們已經認識對方了 不是嗎?
What value is there in an introduction when you cannot even remember my name?
如果您都不記得我的名字 那介紹還有什么意義
Indeed,can barely stay awake in my presence.
您在我朗讀是幾乎坐著睡著了
Madam.These scruples must seem very provincial to a gentleman with such elevated airs
女士 或許如此的謹小慎微 對于一位高貴的紳士來說非常土氣
but I do not devise these rules.I am merely obliged to obey them.
但是這些規則不是我制定的 我只是有義務遵守罷了
I have been told there is much to see upon a walk
有人告訴我出來走走可以看到很多
but all I've detected so far is a general tendency to green above and brown below.
但是到現在為止我看到的只有頭頂上 蔥郁的大樹還有腳下的黃土
Yes,well,others have detected more.It is celebrated.There's even a book about Selborne Wood.Oh.
好吧 別人能看到很多 這片樹林很有名 有一本描寫塞爾伯恩森林的書 哦
A novel perhaps?Novels?Being poor,insipid things,read by mere women,even,God forbid,written by mere women?
也許是小說吧 小說 出自女子手筆或是為女子所讀 就變得低下無趣了嗎?
I see we're talking of your reading.
我明白了 您說的是您文章
As if the writing of women did not display the greatest powers of mind
難道女子的作品 就無法表現人類的偉大智慧
knowledge of human nature,the liveliest effusions of wit and humour and the best-chosen language imaginable?
就一定缺乏對人性的了解 缺乏鮮活的雋語和幽默 無法寫出最美麗的語言嗎
Was I deficient in rapture? In consciousness.
我看上去那么缺乏興趣嗎 您缺乏思想
It was...It was accomplished.It was ironic.
您寫的東西... 還算不錯 真諷刺
And you're sure I've not offended you?Not at all.
您確定我沒有冒犯到你嗎 一點兒都沒有