My lords,ladies and gentlemen,the Grand Vizier's Flight.
大人們 女士們 先生們 《大臣的遠行》
May I have the honour? How kind,cousin.
我能有幸邀請您跳一支舞嗎 非常榮幸
Miss Austen. Mr Wisley.May I have the pleasure of this next dance?
奧斯汀小姐衛斯理先生 我可以邀請您跳支舞嗎?
Oh,no,we're so late.Take care.Oh,thank you,Tom.Hurry. Lucy.
哦 不 我們遲到了 小心 謝謝 湯姆 快 露茜
Oh!I am mortified.I practised,but it won't stick.What a lovely pair they make.
噢 我實在是太丟人了 我練了好多次 但總是跟不上節奏 他們真是登對
Ah,Sister.What do you make of Mr Lefroy?We're honoured by his presence.
啊 姐姐 你覺得勒弗羅伊先生怎么樣 他的出席是我們無上的榮幸
You think?He does,with his preening,prancing,Irish-cum-Bond-Street airs.
你這么覺得? 當然 你看他油頭粉面 昂首闊步的樣子 混和著愛爾蘭和倫敦邦德街的裝腔作勢
Jane.Well,I call it very high indeed,refusing to dance when there are so few gentleman.
簡 我已經口下留情了 就那么幾個男士 他居然還拒絕邀舞
Henry,are all your friends so disagreeable? Jane.Where exactly in Ireland does he come from,anyway?Limerick Miss Austen.
亨利 你的朋友都那么討厭嗎 簡 到底是從愛爾蘭的那里來的? 我來自利默尼里克 奧斯汀小姐
I would regard it as a mark of extreme favour if you would stoop to honour me with this next dance.
如果您愿意與我共舞下一支曲子 我會感到無上光榮
Being the first to dance with me,madam,I feel it only fair to inform you that you carry the standard for Hampshire hospitality.
由于您是我的第一位舞伴 女士 我覺得有必要告訴您 您的舉止將是我評價 漢普郡人是否熱情友好的標準
Ah,then your country reputation depends on my report.
您在本地的名聲也將取決于我對您的評價
This,by the way,is called a country dance,after the French,contredanse.
順便提一下 這叫做鄉村舞 是從法語借用的詞