1、remind
使想起;使記起;提醒
So she simply welcomed him and reminded him of the last time they had met.
于是她只是對他表示歡迎,并且提醒說他們上次見過面。
I had to remind myself that being confident is not the same as being perfect!
我得提醒自己表現得自信和表現得完美并不是一回事!
提醒(某人做某事);使想起(做某事)
Can you remind me to buy a bottle of Martini?
你能提醒我買一瓶馬提尼酒嗎?
The note was to remind him about something he had to explain to one of his students.
這張字條是要提醒他得向他的一個學生解釋某件事情。
(因為相似)使聯想到
She reminds me of the wife of the pilot who used to work for you.
她讓我想到過去為你工作的飛行員的妻子。
This reminds me of Christmas parties.
這讓我想起圣誕聚會。
2、swear
咒罵;詛咒;說臟話
It's wrong to swear and shout.
破口大罵是不對的。
They swore at them and ran off.
他們罵了他們后就跑掉了。
發誓,鄭重聲明,保證(所說屬實)
I swear I've told you all I know.
我發誓我已經把我所知道的全都告訴你了。
I swear on all I hold dear that I had nothing to do with this.
我以身家性命擔保,我和這件事無關。