Hi, everybody. On behalf of the Obama family - Michelle, Malia, Sasha, Grandma, Bo, and Sunny - I want to wish you a very happy Thanksgiving.
大家好。我謹代表奧巴馬一家--米歇爾,瑪麗亞,薩沙,外祖母,波和桑尼--我祝你們度過一個快樂的感恩節。
Like so many of you, we'll spend the day with friends and family, turkey and touchdowns.
和你們許多人一樣,我們也和許多朋友及家人一起度過這一天,有火雞和聚會。
We'll give thanks for each other, and for all that God has given us.
我們將彼此感恩,感恩上帝賜予我們的所有東西。
And we'll reflect on what truly binds us as Americans.
我們也反思真正把我們作為美國人團結在一起的東西。
That's never been more important.
這從未如此地重要。
As a country, we've just emerged from a noisy, passionate, and sometimes divisive campaign season.
作為一個國家,我們剛剛從喧囂,熱情,有時甚至是分裂的大選季中走過。
After all, elections are often where we emphasize what sets us apart.
畢竟,選舉經常會是強調什么把我們分散了。
We face off in a contest of "us" versus "them."
我們面對著對定義"我們"與"他們"的考驗。
We focus on the candidate we support instead of some of the ideals we share.
我們關注于我們支持的候選人,而不是我們所共有的理想。
But a few short weeks later, Thanksgiving reminds us that no matter our differences, we are still one people, part of something bigger than ourselves.
但在短短幾周之后,感恩節提醒我們,不管我們有多少不同,我們仍是一國民眾,是比我們自己本身更偉大事業的一部分。
We are communities that move forward together.
我們是一起才能前進的社會。
We are neighbors who look out for one another, especially those among us with the least.
我們是互相照料的鄰居,特別是我們中間的那些少數族裔。