And when Republicans in Congress didn't act,
在國會的共和黨人沒有采取行動時,
we used our executive authority to - Extend overtime coverage for over 4 million workers - boosting their wages by $12 billion over the next decade.
我們使用我們的行政授權--讓400多萬員工獲得了加班工資--在下一個10年里他們的工資將增加$120億。
We've given additional paid sick leave to more than 1.1 million workers employed by federal contractors
我們也讓受雇于聯邦承包商的110多萬員工獲得了額外的帶薪病假
and we're requiring that those workers earn at least $10.10 per hour.
我們正要求這些員工的最低小時工資標準是$10。10。
Help to close the pay gap by fighting back against pay discrimination;
通過反對支付歧視,來致力于填補支付空白;
making salaries more transparent - so employees know what others are making doing the same job.
讓工資更加透明--因此雇員們知道同樣的工作其他人能掙到多少。
We've closed the pay gap between men and women by 10 percent.
我們已經填補了男女員工間10%的薪水差異。
Not nearly enough - but it's a start.
不是已經足夠了,而僅僅是剛剛開始。
And we also called on cities and states to act across the country,
我們也呼吁全國各城市,各州來行動,
and mayors and governors are leading the way to raise the minimum wage.
市長們,州長們在提高最低工資標準上在起到引領作用。
Since the President's call to action to increase the nation's minimum wage back in 2013,
自2013年總統呼吁提高最低工資標準開始,
every state from my state of Delaware and 18 others - and 55 cities - have raised their own minimum wage.
每一個州,從我的特拉華州和18個其他的州--以及55個城市--已經提高了他們的最低工資標準。
From Alaska to California, Nebraska to Florida - workers now have a shot at a paycheck they can actually live on and cut out of poverty.
從阿拉斯加到加利福尼亞,從內布拉斯加到佛羅里達--員工們現在都有可以依賴其進行生活的薪資水平,并擺脫貧困。