"Salutations are greetings," said the voice.
“敬禮是句問候話,”那聲音說,
"When I say 'salutations,' it's just my fancy way of saying hello or good morning.
“我說‘敬禮’,這只是我喜歡用這種方式來表示‘你好’或者‘你早’。
Actually, it's a silly expression, and I am surprised that I used it at all.
說實在的,這種方式有點傻,我也奇怪我怎么會說慣了。
As for my whereabouts, that's easy.
至于我在什么地方,那很簡單。
Look up here in the corner of the doorway!
你只要抬頭朝門犄角這兒看看!
Here I am. Look, I'm waving!"
我就在這上面。看,我在揮腿呢!”
At last Wilbur saw the creature that had spoken to him in such a kindly way.
威爾伯終于看到了那么好心好意地對它說話的東西。
Stretched across the upper part of the doorway was a big spiderweb,
門口上端張著一個大蜘蛛網,
and hanging from the top of the web, head down, was a large grey spider.
從網頂頭朝下吊著的是只灰色大蜘蛛。
She was about the size of a gumdrop.
它有一顆橡皮糖大小,
She had eight legs, and she was waving one of them at Wilbur in friendly greeting.
八條腿,它正在向威爾伯揮動其中一條腿,友好地打著招呼呢。
"See me now?" she asked. "
“現在看見我啦?”它問道。