I am inserting the Nelaton probe.Pulse: 60.Respiration: 24.
我要插入內探針了 脈搏 60 呼吸 24
At three inches, following the track of the ball.
三英寸深 根據內探針的顯示
there is a bone plug,driven in from the skull.
有一塊骨栓 釘入到頭骨中了
I can feel the ball, at five inches.And...two inches further, fragments.
我可以感覺到內探針插到了五英寸深 再深入兩英寸 有碎片
The orbital plate?Undoubtedly.Perhaps... we should summon Mrs. Lincoln.Barely perceptible.
是眶板嗎 絕對沒錯 也許 我們應該叫林肯夫人進來 幾乎沒有脈搏了
It's your Mary.Mother. Your Molly.I'm here, Little Puss.Your child wife.
我是你的瑪麗 你的夫人 你的莫莉 我在這兒 小乖乖 你年輕的妻子
Oh, my love...live but one moment...to speak to me once.
親愛的 再多活一會兒吧 再跟我說句話
To speak to our children, you'd speak to little Tad,wouldn't you, Father? You love him so.
跟你的孩子們說句話 你得跟小泰德說話 好不好 丈夫 你那么愛他
Mary Lincoln screams and faints,and Secretary of War Stanton orders that she is to be removed from the room.
瑪麗·林肯慘叫一聲昏了過去 戰爭部長斯坦頓 命令將她移到房間外
As she is led away, Corporal Tanner,transcribing his shorthand in the back parlor,overhears her to say:
她被帶走之后 泰納下士 在外廳里用速記記下來 無意中聽到她說
"Oh, my God, and I have given my husband to die."
天哪 我就讓我的丈夫這么死了
Dr. Charles Augustus Leale,the 23-year-old surgeon who has been by the president's side for nine hours,
查爾斯·奧古斯都·利爾醫生 這位23歲的外科醫生 在總統身邊守了9個小時
has scarcely let go of Lincoln's hand,for no other reason than to let him in his blindness know that he was in touch with humanity and had a friend.
一直沒有放開過林肯的手 僅僅是為了讓他在潛意識里知道 有人守在他的身邊 他還有個朋友