Will you be attending the theater tonight?
今晚你會去劇院看戲嗎
Aladdin is playing at Grover's.No, sir. I'm afraid not, sir.
《阿拉丁神燈》正在格羅弗劇院上演 不 我不去 先生
Pity. There will be some fine acting there tonight.
真遺憾 今晚可是有好戲要上演
The officers could keep their sidearms.
官員可以配備隨身武器
And what terms did you make for the common soldiers?
那普通士兵又如何
I told them to go back to their homes and families.
我讓他們解甲歸田
With a promise to not again take up arms against the United States of America.
并保證不再 與美利堅合眾國作對
Quite simple, and quite right.
很好 簡單又有效
Which brings to mind how very providential it is that this rebellion was crushed just as Congress has adjourned.
讓人不禁覺得在國會休會時 剛好鎮壓完叛亂是多么幸運
There are men in Congress who harbor feelings of hate and vindictiveness toward the South.
國會中還是有人 一直對南部懷恨在心
But there will be no persecution when this war is over, no bloody work.
但只要戰爭結束 便不能再有迫害和血腥的一幕發生
We must bend every effort to reanimate the South,to put her state governments in order,
我們要竭盡全力去振興南部 對政府進行整頓
and to re-establish the Union before Congress reconvenes.
在國會再次召開前重組聯邦
Still no word from General Sherman?We are hourly expecting it.
謝爾曼將軍那邊還是沒消息嗎 我們也在時刻等待著消息