Mrs. Lincoln has invited General and Mrs. Grant to join us at the theater this evening.
我夫人邀請將軍和他夫人 今晚在劇院與我們會面
And General Grant already hints that they will decline in favor of taking a train to New Jersey to visit with their children.
不過格蘭特將軍已婉拒了我 因為他們要坐火車去 新澤西州看望孩子
I trust that you have had no occasion to encourage this desertion in the face of entertainment?
估計你沒趁機鼓吹他們 放棄去看戲吧
Had I the occasion, I would have seized it.
有機會的話我會抓住的
I am sorry, sir, but it is a fact that rumors of assassination schemes are everywhere now.
抱歉 先生 不過 現在關于刺殺的謠言四起
It remains a constant subject of concern between myself and Mr. Seward, even in the face of his recovery.
即使在西華德先生康復期間 我跟他都在一直憂心這件事
The doors to the White House stand open,to one and all, day and night, Stanton.
白宮的大門無論何時 都為所有人敞開著 斯坦頓
My life is within reach of anyone,sane or mad.
誰都能找得到我 無論對方神志清醒 抑或失去理智
By the hand of a murderer, I can die but once.
無論被殺多少回 我也只會死一次
But to go continually in fear,that is to die over and over and over again.
但活在恐懼中 卻像是被人殺了一遍又一遍 永無止盡