Then, joins his family at breakfast to find his eldest son,Robert,
之后 和家人一起共進早餐 他的長子羅伯特
just returned from witnessing the surrender at Appomattox.
剛見證完阿托克馬斯的投降儀式
General Lee, stately, elegant.His uniform, spotless,with a jeweled sword and shining spurs.
李將軍他威嚴卻不失文雅 軍服一塵不染 佩著寶劍和閃亮的靴刺
And General Grant, so shabby in a muddy blue uniform,borrowed from a private.
而格蘭特將軍穿著借來的藍色臟軍服 顯得衣衫襤褸
It was great. Oh! And...Here is Lee.
真的很逗 對了 這就是李
Papa day, let me see!Can I see it? Can I have it? Wait a moment, Tad.
爸爸 讓我看看 我能看看嗎 等會兒 泰德
Now, that is the face of a noble man.And brave.Listen to me, Robert.
這是個高尚的人 還很勇敢 聽著 羅伯特
You must lay aside your uniform,return to college
你得脫下軍服 重回大學
read law for three years, and at the end of that time,I hope that we will be able to tell whether you will make a lawyer or not.Yes, sir. And I will, sir.
攻讀3年法律 到那時候 再看看你是否有資格 成為一名律師 好的 父親 我會的
Shortly before 11 A.M.,Lincoln sees Secretary of War Edwin Stanton at the War Department.Mr Stanton.
臨近上午11點前 林肯在陸軍部會見了 戰爭部長愛德溫·斯坦頓 斯坦頓先生