And it is true that President Davis escaped intact from Richmond?
戴維斯總統真的安全逃離了里士滿嗎
Yes. Thank heaven,he is safely bound for Danville.
是的 謝天謝地 他很安全 正打算前往丹維爾
You seem troubled.Troubled? I?
你好像很煩惱 煩惱? 我?
For four years I have lived not daring to express my thoughts or sentiments, even in my own home.
四年來 我都不敢表達自己的想法 或者情感 即使是在自己家里
Constantly hearing every principle dear to my heart denounced as treasonable.
經常聽到自己珍視的原則 被指為叛國
And I have cursed my willful idleness,begun to deem myself a coward and to despise my own existence.
我詛咒袖手旁觀的自己 開始覺得自己是懦夫 鄙視自己的存在
Richmond has fallen in a war against the Constitution,against states' rights,against Southern rights and institutions.
里士滿已在一場與憲法相悖的戰爭中淪陷 這場戰爭還侵犯了各州的權利 侵犯了南方的權利和習俗
And a malignant tyrant,a half-breed, low-mannered country buffoon is threatening to proclaim himself king!
一個暴君 一個不識大體的混血鄉巴佬 居然想稱帝
I should have killed him on Inauguration Day.
他的就職典禮那天我就該殺了他
I could have.I was that close.
我有這個機會 我當時近在咫尺
And now if the South is to be aided at all,it must be done quickly, and it may already be too late.Troubled, gentlemen.
如果現在向南方伸出援手 就要抓緊時間 現在也許已經太遲了 煩惱 先生們