You're not suggesting we enfranchise colored people.
您不會是想賦予有色人種選舉權吧
I'm asking only that you disenthrall yourself from the slave powers.
我只是在請求你將自己 從奴隸主勢力中解放出來
I'll let you know when there's an offer on my desk for surrender.
我如果收到和平請愿的話會一定會告訴你
There's none before us now.What's before us now,that's the vote on the Thirteenth Amendment.
但現在沒有 現在擺在我們面前的 是第13號修正案的投票
It's going to be so very close.You see what you can do.
票數會咬得很緊 看看你能做點什么
I can't make sense of it, what he died for.
我無法理解 他為何因此而死
Mr. Lincoln, I hate them all.I do, all black people.I am a prejudiced man.
林肯先生 我恨他們所有人 我恨所有黑人 我的確心存偏見
I'd change that in you if I could, but that's not why I come.
我愿意改變你的偏見 但我來不是為了這個
I might be wrong, Mr. Hutton,but I expect colored people will most likely be free.
我可能搞錯了 哈頓先生 但有色人種很可能會得到自由
And when that's so, it's simple truth that your brother's bravery, and his death, helped make it so.
那時候你就會明白 是你弟弟的英勇 和他的犧牲 促成了這一切
Only you can decide whether that's sense enough for you, or not.
只有你能決定這樣是不是有意義
My deepest sympathies to your family.We've managed our members to a fare-thee-well.
我對你的家人致以最深切的哀悼 我們的人做得非常漂亮
You've had no defections from the Republican right to trouble you.
右翼共和黨 沒有出現反對聲音