Whereas as to what you promised where the hell are the commissioners?
但你的保證呢 特使團都他媽的在哪呢
Oh my God It's true.You you lied to me, Mr. Lincoln.
天啊 原來是真的 您 您騙了我 林肯先生
You evaded my requests for a denial that-that there is a Confederate peace offer because because there is one.
您不讓我否認 邦聯提出求和的傳言 因為確有此事
We are absolutely guaranteed to lose the whole thing.
我們絕對全盤皆輸
We don't need a goddamned abolition amendment.
我們不需要什么該死的廢奴修正案
Leave the Constitution alone! What if, what if these peace commissioners appear today, or or worse, on the morning.State by state you can extirpate
別揪著憲法不放了 假如 假如 特使團今天出現了 或者 或者更糟 一大早 你可以一個州一個周的根除
I can't listen to this anymore.
我聽不下去了
I can't accomplish a goddamned thing of any human meaning or worth until we cure ourselves of slavery,
在我們把自己從奴隸制里解救出來之前 在這場烏煙瘴氣的戰爭結束之前
and end this pestilential war,and whether any of you or anyone else knows it,I know I need this.
我無法做任何對人類有價值的事情 不管你們或其他人是否了解 我知道我需要它
This amendment is that cure.We're stepped out upon the world's stage now, NOW.
這份修正案就是解救我的良藥 現在我們走上了世界舞臺 現在
With the fate of human dignity in our hands.
人類尊嚴的命運掌握在我們手中
Blood's been spilt to afford us this moment.Now now now.
多少鮮血才成就了今時今刻 現在 現在 現在
But you grousle and heckle and dodge about like pettifogging Tammany Hall hucksters.
可你們就知道抱怨 質問 逃避 跟一群無知的坦幕尼小丑一樣
See what is before you.
看看擺在你們面前的是什么
See the here and now! That's the hardest thing,the only thing that accounts.
睜眼看看現實 這才是最大的困難 也是唯一有意義的事情