This is precisely what Mr. Wood wishes me to respond to?
伍德先生想讓我對這一點作出回應嗎
Word for word, this is precisely the assurance that he demands of me?
是一字不差嗎 他就是想讓我 保證這一點嗎
Yes, sir.Give this to Mr. Ashley.
是的 先生 交給阿什利先生
I feel, um, I have to say, Mr. Lincoln, that this,Could you please just step outside.
我覺得 我得說 林肯先生 這 你能先出去嗎
You gonna have a chat now,with the whole of the House of Representatives waiting on that?
你們還想聊天 一屋子的眾議院代表可都在等這張字條
Making false representation to Congress is,It's, it's It's impeachable.
向國會做虛假陳述是會 會 會被彈劾
I've made no such false representation.But there are.
但我并沒有做虛假陳述 但確實有
There is a delegation from Richmond.Give me the note, Johnnie.
確實有里士滿來的代表團 把字條給我 約翰尼
Please deliver that to Mr. Ashley.
請把這個交給阿什利先生
From the President:So far as I know, there are no peace commissioners in the city nor are there likely to be.
總統手信 據我所知 這座城市里并沒有特使團 之后也不可能有
So far as I know.That means nothing.
據我所知 這根本是廢話
Are there commissioners from the South or aren't there.
到底有沒有南方來的特使團
The President has answered you, sir.Your peace offer is a fiction.
總統已經答復你了 先生 你的和平提議是個謊言
That is not a denial.It is a lawyer's dodge.
這不是否認 是玩文字游戲
Mr. Haddam, is your faction satisfied?
哈德姆先生 你這一派滿意了嗎
The conservative Republican faction's satisfied,and we thank Mr. Lincoln.
保守共和黨一派滿意了 我們感謝林肯先生
I move to table Mr. Wood's motion.Tabled.
我提議擱置伍德先生的建議 已擱置