I couldn't tolerate you grieving so for Willie because I couldn't permit it in myself,though I wanted to, Mary.
我不能忍受你再為威利難過 因為我也不會允許自己這么做 盡管我希望如此 瑪麗
I wanted to crawl under the earth, into the vault with his coffin.
我想過陪他入土 守著他的靈柩
And I still do.Everyday I do.Don't speak to me about grief.
而且我現在依舊這樣想 無時無刻不這么想 所以不要跟我講悲傷
I must make my decisions, Bob must make his, you yours.
鮑勃 你還有我 都必須要做出自己的決定
And bear what we must, hold and carry what we must.
必須承擔我們要承擔的 忍受我們要忍受的
What I carry within me, you must allow me to do it,
當我忍受這些時 你要允許我
alone as I must. And you alone, Mary,you alone,may lighten this burden,
獨自承受自己必須承受的 你也一樣 瑪麗 承受你自己的部分 這樣可以減輕彼此的負擔
or render it intolerable. As you choose.
或者你可以選擇 把一切推向崩潰
You think I'm ignorant of what you're up to because you haven't discussed this scheme with me as you ought to have done.
你以為我不知道你在做什么嗎 你以為你打算不跟我商量這些事 我就不知道了嗎
When have I ever been so easily bamboozled?
我什么時候那么好糊弄
I believe you when you insist that amending the constitution and abolishing slavery will end this war.
當你堅持要讓修正案通過 要廢除奴隸制的時候 我相信你
And since you are sending my son into the war,woe unto you if you fail to pass the amendment.
但是既然你把我們的兒子送上戰場 不讓修正案通過 你就等著吃苦頭吧
Seward doesn't want me leaving big muddy footprints all over town.
蘇厄德不想最后弄得政以賄成