This would be an upscale French cafe for me. -Oh, really?
這家咖啡廳對我來說算高檔的了。-哦,是么。
Not terribly upscale, but upscale.
不是最高檔的,但是挺高檔的。
I like very simple, down-to-earth, basic things.You know, I don't like anything fancy.
我喜歡非常簡單樸素的東西。我不追求那些花哨的東西。
And of course, I suppose that's such a contradiction. Well, exactly.
不過這聽起來也有些矛盾。
Here I love all these women dressed up in all these...But I don't mind it. L...What other people do doesn't concern me.
我喜歡那些穿著華麗的女人,但是生活上的事,我真的不怎么在意別人怎么樣我也不關心。
It's just not my interest.
我就是沒什么興趣。
Tell me something about your family.
說說你的家庭吧。
Oh, my family's just working-class people.
哦,我的家里不過是普通的工薪階層。
Just marvelous, normal, hardworking people.
就是些普通的,勤勞的人。
And Catholic people.
我家信天主教。
I think I have, uh, half and half.
我大概繼承了我父母雙重性格。
When I'm outgoing, I guess I'm my dad.
我有時像我父親那樣開朗。
And when I'm...uptight you'd call it now, or whatever you call it, uh, I'd be definitely my mother.
有時又很謹慎…不管你怎么說,那時的我就完全是我母親的性格。
What does your family think of what you do?
你家人對你的工作怎么看呢?
No one ever said anything about it, but I think in years, in retrospect...'cause I never thought about it...
他們沒說過什么做這行這么多年以來我也沒想過家里人會怎么想,
they didn't think fashion was a very manly pursuit, or profession, for a man, you know.
不過他們大概覺得男的不該做時尚這行吧,對于男性來說,他們顯得不太專業。
So it was that kind of thing. Right.
大概是這樣。
Whatever.
無所謂了。