It's the clothes, not the celebrity, and not the spectacle.
最重要的是衣服不是那些名人或是時裝秀。
It's as true today as it ever was. He who seeks beauty...Will find it.
他一直是這樣的。尋找美的存在也將找到它。
We cannot base New York City's entire economy...on Wall Street and real estate.
我們不能把整個紐約的經濟都建立在華爾街和房地產商身上。
It's a rally to save, or protect, the garment industry from disappearing.
他們在努力拯救和保護這個正在退步的政府。
But I'm afraid it's too late.
不過我覺得有點晚了。
All the jobbers are gone. They've all more or less moved out.
這些批發商都走了。
90-95% of the clothes Americans wear...are made outside of America.
90~95%美國人穿的衣服都不是在美國做的。
Michael!
Michael。
Mr. Cunningham, they would like you up there.
Cunningham先生,他們希望你到那邊去。
How are you? -Great. Good.You? -Good to see you.
近來如何?-很好,很好。你呢?-很高興見到你。
I'm hanging out behind the scenes.
我不在那兒干了。
I think I'll take one of those pea coats. Made in America?
我覺得那我可以要一件這樣的外套…美國制造么?
Get ready for the best part of the pea coat.
來看看這衣服最好的地方。
Cashmere and neoprene. -Oh, too rich for me.
羊絨和氯丁橡膠。-哦,這對我太奢侈了。
David Wolfson is one of the last..."jobbers"? What do you call yourself, David?
David Wolfson大概是這兒的最后一個批發商或者你自己怎么稱呼?
Oh, contractor. -Contractor. Excuse me. I'll get it straight.
哦,承包商。-承包商…抱歉,我理解錯了。
There were thousands of them 30 years ago, and there's now maybe 45.
大概三十年前,這兒有很多批發商現在…大概只剩45家了。
Oh, look at this.
哦,看這邊。