I would say that there are many, many gaps in secular life and these can be plugged.
我覺得世俗的世界是有許多缺點的,但是那些缺點是可以被彌補的
It's not as though, as I try to suggest,
但這不是說
it's not as though either you have religion and then you have to accept all sorts of things
要么你相信宗教,然后你就要相信宗教所有的教條
or you don't have religion and then you're cut off from all these very good things.
要么你不相信宗教,然后拒絕一切宗教帶來的益處
It's so sad that we constantly say,
很可悲的是我們經常說
"I don't believe so I can't have community, so I'm cut off from morality, so I can't go on a pilgrimage."
"我不信教所以我不能有社群,所以我沒有好的道德,所以我不能去朝圣"
One wants to say, "Nonsense. Why not?"
有人會說 "胡扯,為什么不呢"
And that's really the spirit of my talk.
這正是我演說的重點
There's so much we can absorb.
宗教有很多可取之處
Atheism shouldn't cut itself off from the rich sources of religion.
相信無神論不應該完全無視宗教里的內涵
It seems to me that there's plenty of people in the TED community who are atheists.
似乎在TED群體中有很多人是無神論的
But probably most people in the community certainly don't think that religion is going away any time soon
但是很多人可能都認為宗教是不可能在短時間內消失的
and want to find the language to have a constructive dialogue
他們還想找到適合的方法去建設性地談論問題
and to feel like we can actually talk to each other and at least share some things in common.
他們還覺得我們彼此可以互相溝通,或者至少有些共同點
Are we foolish to be optimistic about the possibility of a world
對于這樣樂觀的想法,我們是不是太傻了呢,那些關于神的隔閡、爭論
where, instead of religion being the great rallying cry of divide and war, that there could be bridging?
是不是有彼此了解的可能性呢,持有兩種學說的人是否有可能彼此溝通呢