No, we need to be polite about differences.
不一定,我們只是需要禮貌地對待另一方
Politeness is a much-overlooked virtue. It's seen as hypocrisy.
有時候禮貌都被我們忽視了。有時候我們覺得那是虛偽
But we need to get to a stage when you're an atheist
如果你是個無神論者,而有個人對你說
and someone says, "Well you know, I did pray the other day," you politely ignore it. You move on.
"你知道嘛,那天我祈禱了"。你應該禮貌地無視這話,該干嘛干嘛去
Because you've agreed on 90 percent of things,
因為你們兩個可以認同90%的事情
because you have a shared view on so many things, and you politely differ.
因為你們的世界有很多相似的地方,你們只是稍微有那么一點不同,但不傷和氣
And I think that's what the religious wars of late have ignored.
我認為近年的有無神的爭論忽視了這點
They've ignored the possibility of harmonious disagreement.
他們忘記了人們即使不同也能和諧地在一起
And finally, does this new thing that you're proposing that's not a religion but something else,
最后,你說的無神論2.0,它本身不是個宗教
does it need a leader, and are you volunteering to be the pope?
但它需要一個領袖嗎,而你又是否愿意當這個領袖呢
Well, one thing that we're all very suspicious of is individual leaders. It doesn't need it.
好吧,我們都對個人領袖非常警惕。但無神論不需要領袖
What I've tried to lay out is a framework and I'm hoping that people can just fill it in.
我所說的只是一個框架理論,而我希望大家可以自由發揮實踐
I've sketched a sort of broad framework.
我只是大概地勾勒出一個結構
But wherever you are, as I say, if you're in the travel industry, do that travel bit.
那不管你是誰,就像如果你是搞旅游的,那就專門鉆研宗教中的旅游
If you're in the communal industry, look at religion and do the communal bit. So it's a wiki project.
如果你在社群里工作,那就專門鉆研宗教里的社群方面。所以這就像維基百科一樣
Alain, thank you for sparking many conversations later.
阿蘭,謝謝你精彩的回答