So, an example is, you pay, actually the slide here has an example here, so say you run a bunch of ads.
舉個例子,這里有個圖表,你投入了一些廣告
These are four ads. Over 12 months, the customer's worth $300 to you.
例如,有四種廣告。12個月以后 CLV是300美元
Each one of these ads, when you click on it, the CPC costs different types of money.
每一種廣告,每點擊成本(CPC)是不同的
And then, when they click on the ad, then they have to come to your site and sign up or buy something,
倘若客戶點了廣告鏈接進入到你的網站,并注冊或購物
and the conversion rates are different for all these ads.
每種廣告的轉換率也是不同的
And then, the CAC is calculated simply by the CPC divided by the conversion.
然后客戶獲取成本就是用CPC除以轉換率得來的
And so, you see that there's different acquisition costs for different types of ads.
大家可以發現每種廣告的客戶獲取費用是不同的
And to determine whether, that is a good ad or a bad ad, all you have to do is, CLV minus CAC.
如何來評判該選擇哪種廣告呢,可以用客戶生命周期(客戶價值)減去客戶獲取成本
Is it more than zero?
結果是否大于0
If it's at zero then you've, that's fine,
如果結果等于0,那還可以
but hopefully it's actually more than zero until you actually are earning a profit on it.
但是,最好的結果還是大于0,這樣說明你盈利了
So, we see that, despite the sales remaining the same and the conversions being higher and lower,
我們發現,盡管銷量情況差不多,但是轉換率有高有低
there's sometimes, some ads that might seem good, actually don't seem so good at the end of the day.
一些現在看起來還不錯的廣告,可能結果并不好
Now, the advanced way of looking at it is you can look at this
這種方式的優點在于
for your whole entire customer base for aggregating all your customers together.
可以整合客戶,從宏觀角度進行客戶分析
But the better way of looking at it is to break it down by customer segments.
但是,更好的方法是把客戶分成不同的群體