Euclid's first common notion is this:
歐幾里得的第一條公理就是
Things which are equal to the same thing are equal to each other.
等于同量的量彼此相等
That's a rule of mathematical reasoning.It's true because it works.
這是數理的規則 它是對的 因為適用
Has done and always will do.
能而且永遠適用
In his book, hmm Euclid says this is self-evident.
在書里 歐幾里得稱此為自證
D'you see, there it is, even in that two thousand year old book of mechanical law:
看到嗎 就算是兩千年前的數理定律
it is a self evident truth that things which are equal to the same thing are equal to each other.
也認為 等于同量的量彼此相等這個道理 是不證自明的
We begin with equality.That's the origin, isn't it?
我們生而平等 這才是世界的起源 不是嗎
That balance, that's that's fairness.That's justice.
這種平等 我們稱之為 公平 稱之為正義
Just read me back the last sentence of that telegram, please.
請把最后一句念給我聽
Have Captain Saunders convey the commissioners to me here in Washington.
請桑德斯上尉帶該特使團前來華盛頓與我商談
A slight emendation if you would, Sam.
做點小改動吧 山姆
Have Captain Saunders convey the gentlemen aboard the River Queen
請桑德斯上尉帶領該特使團 到達弗吉尼亞州的漢普頓港群
as far as Hampton Roads, Virginia,and there wait until further advice from me.
登上河流女王號 之后 原地等待 我的后續指令
Do not proceed to Washington.
切勿前往華盛頓