Or if you could manage, without seeming to do it, to.
如果你不想這樣 除非你能
The peace delegation might encounter delays as they travel up the James River.
和談代表團可能會 在詹姆斯河附近耽擱一陣子
Particularly with the fighting around Wilmington.
尤其是威爾明頓還在交戰
Within ten days time,we might pass the Thirteenth Amendment.
10天時間之內 我們或許可以讓第13修正案通過
Here's a sixteen year old boy.They're gonna hang him.
一名16歲的男孩 他將要被吊死
He was with the 15th Indiana Calvary near Beaufort,seems he lamed his horse to avoid battle.
他和第15 印第安納騎兵隊一起在伯弗附近 他似乎打斷了馬腿想當逃兵
I don't think even Stanton would complain if I pardoned him,You think Stanton would complain?
如果我赦免他 我想連斯坦頓都不會抱怨的 你覺得斯坦頓會說什么嗎
I don't know, sir, I don't know who you're, uh What time is it?It's three forty in the morning.
我不知道 先生 我不知道您是誰 現在幾點了 早上3點40分
Don't let him pardon any more deserters Aah, Mr. Stanton thinks you pardon too many.
別讓他再赦免逃兵了 斯坦頓先生認為您赦免了太多了
He's generally apoplectic on the subject.He oughtn't to have done that,crippled his horse, that was cruel,
他對這一點很惱火 他不應該那樣做 把馬弄殘廢 太殘忍了
but you don't just hang a sixteen year old boy for that.
但也不能就這么吊死一個16歲的男孩吧
Ask the horse what he thinks.For cruelty. There'd be no sixteen year old boys left.
問問那匹馬怎么想 沒有幾個16歲的男孩能活下來 因為殘忍
Grant wants me to bring the secesh delegates to Washington.
格蘭特想要我 讓南方叛黨的代表團來華盛頓
So there are secesh delegates?He was afraid, that's all it was.
真有南方人的代表嗎 他只是害怕了而已
I don't care to hang a boy for being frightened, either.What good would it do him?
我也不在乎絞死一個怯戰的男孩 但這么做有什么好處呢